METHINKS SHE DOTH PROTEST

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It Sure Looks Like Rural Wisconsin’s for Recall | Common Dreams

It Sure Looks Like Rural Wisconsin’s for Recall | Common Dreams: "It Sure Looks Like Rural Wisconsin’s for Recall
by Margaret Krome
I wasn’t expecting the reception I got on Saturday in the small southwest Wisconsin town near our family’s cabin. I walked both sides of a long residential street, taking petitions door-to-door for people to sign in support of recalling Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch.

In my first three houses, eight people signed. A wife apologized for making me wait, but took the petitions into another room because her husband wanted to sign.

A grandmother and her daughter stopped cleaning out toys from their house long enough to sign. “Do you know how hard his policies are on us?” the daughter asked. “And he’s tried to do even more damage than he’s done!”

Four people moving out of a house interrupted their move to sign. “Walker’s policies are costing me $200 a month,” one of them said. “You bet I’ll sign.”"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment