METHINKS SHE DOTH PROTEST

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GARBAGE TIPS AND OTHER RUBBISH

Well. Its turned into such a major year of protest with the OCCUPY movement that I haven't had my usual need to protest in small online doses. I have had a lot of relief from the events of this year. I am not naive about the dangers and problems of times like this but now and then I have a simple image of one person standing up and just saying "I DON'T LIKE THAT ! "and then another getting up and saying " Yes. And I don't like ..... "
All these years of conformity and fear. And now people begin to PROTEST.  What a relief !
My protests for this week are:
being charged to take garbage to a tip ( which has now gone broke). Well done AARVBEE - d***heads.
I saw a gent from State Forests on TV this week complaining about the Garbage being dumped in the Forests. Well- how about we stop charging large amounts of money to take it to the Tip. How about we have garbage pickups where I live - 2kms from the Tip. Then the Forestry Gent - grinned and with true super hero delight announced that they go through the rubbish that's been dumped and if they find personal papers they send a snail mail letter and wait for the response.
WHY NOT GET A TRUCK AND SOME HEFTY HAULERS AND TAKE THE RUBBISH AWAY ?

Its like Toowong Cemetery in Brusbane. An historical site which was, when I saw it in 2008, a bloody mess of litter and graffiti and vandalism. WHY NOT EMPLOY A CEMETERY KEEPER ? WHY NOT CLEAN IT UP ? Instead of bemoaning the Vandals. The Vandals are a problem but to me the greater vandalism in that the Council or authorities in charge do not maintain it.

My other protest is my daughter's wait of more than 3 months for surgery for a pre-cancerous condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment