METHINKS SHE DOTH PROTEST

Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

FUNERALS

I have recently taken out 2 insurance plans. Probably DUDS as well but the power of the afternoon TV has won. Its combined with my own horror at the cost of having my parents cremated. Each afternoon, serious and concerned advertising people tell me about the appalling burden which will fall on my 2 children when I perish. So I took out 2 mini policies . One for each of them JUST TO COVER THE PROBABLE COSTS of disposing of me.
I do't usually do insurance. except the compulsory car one.
The Ads in the afternoon take it for granted that it will cost at least $5000 to see me off. Therein lies the ugliness of it all. WHY ISN'T THAT ROTTEN TOOTH BEING PULLED OUT ?
In Grafton there was a company called LEAVING LIGHTLY which I gather used cardboard coffins. $5000 for some sad smiles, a few serous faces, a lavish piece of woodwork fancier than anything i my house and 45 minutes in the kind of building I don't even rent or enter by choice.
I have told my kids to do it as cheaply as they can and use the few thousand dollars, if possible, for themselves.

Years back, a doctor in Bellingen told me he was leaving Australian medicine the moment they called it an INDUSTRY. And leave he did.  Funeral trade is the same.
I want a box ( cardboard if possible), an AA type sendoff in the local hall and a plot out at Urunga on the hill looking out to sea. $5000 - is a rip off.  OBSCENE.

Thank goodness for young  German women who raid neighbouring gardens in the middle of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment